Thursday, May 1, 2014

Festival Season Chic with Ashley from Le Stylo Rouge

I was thrilled when Ash from Le Style Rouge said she'd guest blog  while I was in Cabo!

I don't quite remember how we crossed paths in blog world, but she's one of those girls you just instantly click with. We periodically send emails back and forth and I truly consider her a friend with absolutely KILLER style y'all! Hate that she lives in Kansas City, but one day (fingers crossed) we'll meet in person :)

Take it away Ash!

-----------------------------------------------

Hi there Life’s A Party pals, I’m Ashley and I blog over at Le Stylo Rouge. Paige asked me to do a guest post while she’s sunning her buns in Cabo. (Jealous of you, Paige! Drink a mojito for me!)

So it’s festival season, yes? Spring has sprung and we’re all flocking outside to soak up the sun and check out our favorite bands.

I’m based in Kansas City, so not lucky enough to have a festival like Coachella right around the corner, but I do have the perfect spring + summer outdoor concert outfit. Let’s check it out:


An easy, slightly floaty dress in a bright, super fun pattern is the way to go. The bold print does most of the work for you; I just layered on a few necklaces and bracelets and was ready to roll. You want to keep the accessories light. Anything too heavy and you risk getting hot and/or looking like you tried too hard.

Ankle booties are the perfect shoe choice– they’re a bit more rugged than your standard flip flop and the heel gives you a little bit of height without being a full blown wedge/high heel, which is certainly handy when you’re trying to see the main stage from the crowd. (Do not be that girl that turns up to an outdoor concert in hit-the-club-sky-high-stilettos!)

Beach waves are the perfect festival hairstyle– a little bedhead, a little lived-in, cool enough to throw up in a ponytail, no fuss, big volume. Just like I like it! Ray-Ban Wayfarers are a classic summer frame, and are a festival must-have to keep the sun out of your eyes.

Thanks to Paige for allowing me to guest spot on her blog; come pay me a visit over on Le Stylo Rouge.

1 comment :

  1. Hmmm, Ashley is one of my favorites. I am even featuring her on my Special Birthday Post today. Please stop by when you can and check out my latest and the current Birthday Post from May 5th.

    I am now all caught up with your blog. Would love to have the possibility for collaborations or Guest Posts with each-other in the future.

    Hope you enjoyed your Vacay and show us Amazing Photos. <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!