Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Stylish Tuesday with Co-Host Dressed 2 DNines!

Happy Tuesday Dolls!
First and foremost THANK Y'ALL for such a warm welcoming back to the blog community! 

I vaguely mentioned my love for easy, DIY Halloween costumes last week on the blog so today I'm going to dive more into that category. I know we have a whole year before it's time to get decked out in our best costumes, but maybe you can wear some of these throughout the year? Doubtful ... but it makes me feel a little better about this post! 


Minnie Mouse
Obviously my sister and I dressed like Minnie for Mickey's "Not So Scary" Halloween party but I was this close to re-wearing the tutu and ears with black heels and a tight black tank on actual Halloween night! Add a little black to my nose and I think it would have worked out great!
Walk of Shame
Probably my favorite DIY Halloween costume to date. Since I had a pair of guys boxers lying around I asked one of my guy friends for one of his button up shirts (tip: get one with a pocket so you can throw your phone, ID and debit card in there rather than take out a bag!) I added an obscene amount of jewelry, paired it with some heels and literally "roughed" up my hair to complete the look 
90's 
Probably one of the most simple costumes to date. Grab a colorful tank, some colored Soffee shorts (don't act like you don't still have a pair lying around!) Pair it with a crop top sweatshirt or tank, a side ponytail and some funky glasses and you're ready to party!
Navy Nancy, GI Jane and a Cat

This is what I threw together 2 years ago. I had a striped dress from Target which I just added some gold accessories to. I threw on a captain's hat which I had bought for a pub crawl a couple months prior and BAM Navy Nancy was born!

Morgs literally threw her combat boots on with black shorts, white tank and a dog tag necklace to create GI Jane. For some reason she had a matching set camo beer coozie belt and hat which honestly made the outfit in my opinion!

Liz was a traditional sexy class with black tights, a body suit and ears ... duh!
Drinking Team of Champions
So this one wasn't exactly a Halloween costume, but it would do the trick! I got those shirts in the boys section at Target last Labor Day for $5 each! We ended up using them for our team Beer Olympic shirts but this would be an amazing group costume on the cheap!

On a completely different side note, my kickball team in the CA Dogtown league ended up beating the #1 seed in the semi finals which advanced us to the Championship! We ended up losing, but it was such a fun time playing in a finals game that I had to share! 


- now to the link up - 

Hosted by
Life's A Party Dress Like It                                        Dress 2 DNines

If you'd like to co-host Stylish Tuesday, please send an email to lifesapartydli@gmail.com!

1. Please follow me via Bloglovin' or GFC and my co-host Dressed 2 DNines on Bloglovin'!

2. Link up your favorite recent style post
Life's A Party Dress Like It


14 comments :

  1. Oops I accidentally added my link twice! It gave me an error so I refreshed...oops! I can't see how to delete it, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Hopefully it brings more traffic to your blog!

      Delete
  2. Halloween is my favorite holiday but I always struggle with coming up with costume ideas. These are all so creative and fun!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Sad to say but I'll go all out for Christmas but I'm not just big into spending a ton of money on a Halloween costume when you can get creative on your own!

      Delete
  3. Wow that was a lot of fun for you Paige - Happy Tuesday!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great easy ideas and had fun looking thru the photos. ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're pretty resourceful when it comes to costumes. I think that shows a lot of ingenuity on your part ;-)

    Alicia
    spashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The walk of shame is genius!!!

    Brooke
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, why not dress like it's party all the time!!

    Laura
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!! Love these costume ideas. The walk of shame is my fave!

    xo

    kels
    www.excusemyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time linking up. Thanks so much for hosting :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see you back girl, thanks so much for allowing me to co-host! I love these pics, especially the Disney one with the tulle skirt, what a fun look!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!